Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Still need help!

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and save it, that will give the activation code a chance to arrive

Uninstall Zone Alarm

Run Tune Up

Turn the windows firewall off

Install Comodo

http://www.pcmag.com...,1969225,00.asp

Advertisements

jen147

jen147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Ok Keith, I've got Comodo up and running.

Do you have any further instructions for me?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See how the downloading goes, you can bookmark and run any or all of these whenever you want, as a way of checking the firewall is doing its job

Online Scans

Panda Scan

House Call

If Trend Micro freezes during updating, close then retry

Trend Micro Spyware Scan

Kaspersky Online Scan

jen147

jen147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Keith,

Ran the downloads you provided, Didn't have any problems at all with downloading!

Avast blocked the Panda Scan calling it a virus, but the other three ran fine.

HouseCall said it found Spyware_Trak_Winspy. At first it said it couldn't delete it and had no info on how to manually delete it, then after I clicked to clean it again, it cleaned then ran another scan and came up clean, don't know if that was a false positive or what. I've got nearly all the anti-spyware recommended here on Geekstogo, and update and run them often, so I'm not too worried about that, unless you think I should be.

So was the ZoneAlarm just incompatible? The only thing I'm nervous about is that Comodo isn't that "talked about" as the others, I hope it's good enough.

If you don't have anything else for me I want to THANK YOU so much! Thanks for all your perseverance!

Your work here is very much appreciated!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I have 2 PC's which run ZA 6.5, though the first release was problematic, however a friend could not get it to run on hers so she went with Comodo

The review in post 46 which also gives it the editor's choice rating is a good indication of it being a good firewall

If everything runs now then it almost certainly was down to ZA

Thank You for letting me know