Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

file finder full & 24/7 dl'er

• Please log in to reply

Celticparadox

Celticparadox

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HI

hope someone can help me out with this. Whenever my comp boots up I get a windows installer that comes up and tries to configure "File Finder Full" which was a program i used to recover some lost files. However I have uninstalled the program, removed the files asssociated with the program, blocked the program and yet everytime i start up my computer this same windows installer/configuration of FFF keep popping up! Anyone know why un installing etc has not solved this problem??

Celt

Advertisements

Celticparadox

Celticparadox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yikes.....nobody has any info on this one??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm and reboot. Can you use search, including hidden and system files to look for the programme

Celticparadox

Celticparadox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Keith

I did what you reccomended and im still having the same thing happen at startup. I have used Advnaced System Optimizer to check the programs on startup and I can't find anything to do with "File Finder Full" The installer still pops up and Windows tries to configure it. Im thinking an entire re-install of the OS might be in order.....

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you know the name of the manufacturer, you can look for that also

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up, look for and remove any ticks for the programme, click apply and reboot, tick do not start the configuration utility when windows loads