Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burnt Out Fan (Need Help ASAP)

• Please log in to reply

theforevermind

theforevermind

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have an older Powercolor Radeon X700 256mb pcie card and the fan on the gpu is dead.

I need to know if I can order a new fan for the gpu from somewhere or if I have to just get a new card...!

NOTE: my card is an X700 not an X700 Pro

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
If you're happy with your current card and want to keep it, this should be a good replacement:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835186128

you may even be able to get a new overclock out of it :whistling:

theforevermind

theforevermind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Cool! Alright, so I will order the fan...

How do I remove the old fan and put the new one on?
Any hints?

Thanks MNOB07!

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
hmm I'm not seeing an online installation guide but I've ordered it before and it definately comes with instructions in the box. It's actually very easy to install, provided you have a phillips screwdriver of course! Also be sure to have a free pci slot next to x700 since this takes up a bit more room than the stock cooler.

theforevermind

theforevermind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Dude!

Taking your advice, I ordered the Artic Cooling Silencer 1...That fan is awesome!

It was an easy 30 min install(never done a gpu fan install before) and bingo! Booted the system back up and my gpu temp had dropped from 50 C (no load) to 35 C (no load).

Thanks again MNOB07!

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Nice temps!