Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a overclocker for my graphics card

• Please log in to reply

Tobychew

Tobychew

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was just wondering what one any of you would suggest cuz i'm getting tired of seeing green spots when I play a game what looks like multi colored static when I am not on a game any suggestions would be nice

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If you are seeing graphical glitches when you are playing a game, that most likely means you either have corrupt drivers installed on your system (which in that case you would update your graphics card drivers) or the video card is going bad itself and would need to be replaced.

Trying to overclock a video card that is already showing graphical problems is not smart and will only cause more of these problems to arise, increasing in severity and regularity.

So what I suggest you do is download the newest drivers for your video card and make sure you have the newest version of DirectX (which is 9.0c) installed on your computer.

If none of that helps, then it's most likely time for a new video card.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 25 June 2006 - 07:34 PM.