Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seeking help with wireless router

• Please log in to reply

kingsean713

kingsean713

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I currently have a Netgear 108 mbps wireless router connecting desktop to desktop. The PC's are a max of 25' from one room to the next. I first tried out the compatable usb adapter which connected with a "very good" signal strength, but would disconnect every 20-30 minutes. After days of frustrations I returned the usb adapter and purchased the 108 mbps wireless pci adapter. I followed the installation wiz and am currently connected to the router with a "very good" signal strength, yet int. broswer wont open, nor can i run any games.

Im looking to use either one, usb or pci adapter, as long as i can have a good connection that does not dc every 30minutes. If anyone has the experience to advise me on what to do, pls let me know.

(i am desperate and tired of dealing with this, if anyone has a wireless router that is working great for you, pls post that as well... looking for any advice on how to get a good wireless connection in my room.

Thanks,
King

Edited by kingsean713, 25 June 2006 - 11:12 PM.

Advertisements

rddg

rddg

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
What kind of service do you have? What about the modem (cable, DSL)? Is it proprietary from your ISP?
Oh, yeah, you dont have a router connecting desktop to desktop, unless you set up a LAN.
Does the computer directly connected to the router connect to the internet without trouble?
How about logging on to check your setup on the router?
http://192.168.1.1 from your browser- default usr:admin default pass:admin
(disable shell from internet and change your usr/pass after you get it working right)