Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc cannot start - no hardrive?

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi

My pc just decided to stop working, I keep getting the pri master drive error??? Does this mean my hardrive is stuffed?..can anything be done about it...i tried to do a re-install of xp hoping something would happen but thru set-up I came up with almost same message saying set-up could not find a hardrive......what should I do

Shaz

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First step--open the case and make sure all the connections are snug

Since you have a second PC, do you feel confident enough to remove the drive and place it as a slave in this PC? That would be the second step

shaz

shaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
i can try it if you help me...but would like to know this...can i make the hardrive from other pc main drive for this one...if so, how do i do that???

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
You mean make the faulty one your main drive?