Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost my camera wizard auto start, please help.

• Please log in to reply

Sunnzi

Sunnzi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
For some strange reason I lost my camera wizard when I connect my camera. The computer still reads the camera (Sony cibershot) and I can go to the camera (e-drive) and prompt it to autorun, but that didn't work. When I chose the Camera wizard it gives me a message that its cant read the camera and prompts me to the device manager. My camera isn't listed and the cd that comes with it has nothing that the device manager needs to load it. It worked fine until a few weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First, download, install and run this

http://www.microsoft...;DisplayLang=en]

If that fails, do you have REALPLAYER installed? Uninstall it and see if it works

Sunnzi

Sunnzi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks gerryf,

I will try that, I did actually uninstall Realplayer about the time this started. :whistling:

Sunnzi

Sunnzi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Update - for those who care.

Installed the program sugested and ran it, asked me to chose a drive. I chose c: thinking this was the right drive but it didn't work and gave me an error message. Tried this a few times.

So just for the [bleep] of it huked up my camera turned it on and ran the program, when it askes you for the drive I selected the Camera hit repair button and poof its back and works fine.

Thanks gerryf :whistling:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
:whistling: