Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black Ice Alternative

• Please log in to reply

tableist

tableist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Good afternoon! I am hoping someone here may have a suggestion or review for me. I am uninstalling Black Ice from my web server and am looking for alternative software. There is already, of course, a hardware firewall. Our dedicated server is provided by CI Host. Black ice simply doesn't work properly in my experience, seeing fit to disallow all traffic from Europe.

For the server's security needs, does anyone think Norton Internet Security is a sufficient alternative?
thanks!

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
you could try zonealarm

tableist

tableist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Not exactly a ringing endorsement though. I was hoping for some personal experience to draw on.
Thanks!

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
im currently using avast and zone alarm and i must say this is great..its like norton but not nearly as annoying

tableist

tableist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks lilhawk2892, I'll look into it. I hate to be a bother, but can you tell me if you are using that on a webserver?
Thanks!!

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
err he he im not quite sure but i dont think so though,but seriously there great programs the interface in zone alarm almost looks like norton like i said its like norton but not nearly as annoying,for some things you might get a Cool looking notice saying so and so is trying to act as a server ,if theres a virus it cant get rid of it even puts it in a chest where it can do NO damage what so ever,avast you dont hear to much out of its silent but it works
oh ya i forgot to add norton is still not preferred but :whistling: its the best sadly boohoo its annoyingness and constant alerts do the job :blink: but avast and z.a. are probaply second best

Edited by lilhawk2892, 05 July 2006 - 05:10 PM.

pauljohn

pauljohn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Zone alarm and AVG

Edited by pauljohn, 19 July 2006 - 05:29 AM.

teamgrowth

teamgrowth

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Zone alarm gives protection from potential hackers and other security breaches even when your PC is unattended or while you're not using your connection.