Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Operation failed in Outlook 2002

• Please log in to reply

grapeman

grapeman

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:whistling: Help! I have a user that every time he opens his Outlook in a Terminal Server environment he gets an "Operation Failed" message after about 15 seconds of waiting. It does not impede Outlook in any way but it would be nice to figure out what it is.

And there is nothing after the Operation Failed message. Just an OK button. :blink:

Advertisements

Andyman111

Andyman111

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello,
Does this occur with your user while they click send/receive button?

grapeman

grapeman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Unfortunately, no. The error message opens up while not pressing any of the buttons within Outlook. After the message is cleared, every function I have tried has worked with no errors.

Andyman111

Andyman111

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
That is odd, the only thing I can think was the patch they had a long time ago on the operation failure error message that was effecting the send/recieve button. If its only effecting one user then maybe look at their settings and see if anything looks ackward. Besides that I am not too sure but i'll see if I can find anything.

Best of Luck,
Andrew

Edited by Andyman111, 28 June 2006 - 11:19 PM.

grapeman

grapeman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the help though Andrew. I went through the Microsoft KB and found the same subject with the send/receive button. The strange thing is: with the Terminal Services environment we have completely locked down the settings for the users so they can't change the setting.

So strange..... :whistling: