Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 does nothing when New Appt clicked

• Please log in to reply

ppalmer10

ppalmer10

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,
Anyone run into something like this? When I'm in Outlook 2003, Calendar, it just quit accepting new appointments. I have two suspicions but thought I'd run it by in here before doing anything.

I have a TON of "Deleted" emails - haven't cleaned house in a while. Does Oulook have a limit on memory that I'm unaware of? This doesn't really make sense though because I'm still getting emails fine.

My other suspicion is a new backup program I'm using. It was recommended by a trustworthy source, but I had to do some configuring to get it to back up Outlook. I don't recall moving any files or folders, but....The backup program is Argentum Backup Files.

Anxious to hear anyone's thoughts, thanks,

Pat P

Advertisements

ppalmer10

ppalmer10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,
Thought I'd let you know how this ended up. I see several people have viewed but no replies.

It had nothing to do with the backup program. I don't want to put any negativity on their product because I believe its a good one and I haven't had any problems with it.

I was using an add-on in Outlook. I uninstalled that, cleaned up my drive and registry (removing old temp files, unused shortcuts, etc.) and Calendar is working fine now. Not really sure which of the things I did fixed it, but my guess would be the removal of the add-on. And I don't think it was the add-ons fault. I had downloaded it, configured it, then never used it. So it had LOTS of old data in it. Wondering if all the old dates and missed deadlines bogged everything down.

Anyway, we're all happy now and back to work!

Pat P