Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 98 Operating System Not Found

• Please log in to reply

tahaimam

tahaimam

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:mad:
My question is that I used FDISK, and deleted the partition. And than it told me to restart the computer. So I am restarting the computer. Getting a message saying "Operating System Not Found" put in A boot disk, everything..same message. What can I do???????
ASAP Help needed please....

Advertisements

orionflame

orionflame

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
tahaimam hi, first off im not an expert or anything but I just did this today so I do know what im talking about. I really hope you have your original operating system instalation disk that hopefully came with the computer (if you bought it new or maybe even used) you are going to need that to reinstall your operating system. When you deleted the partition with fdisk you deleted all the information on your hard drive thus windows is no longer there. If you were trying to reinstal windows then you were taking the right steps. You must delete the existing partition, restart, create a new partition, format, then reinstall your operating system (hopefully with your original that came with the pc when you purchased it) NOTE* you may also require a registration key when reinstalling windows I did today when I reinstalled and it was located on the original book that came with the cd. Hopefully one of the monitors will go over this info and make sure it is all correct im pretty sure it is though. I wonder what is taking them so long to get back to you. Well good luck and if you have any more questions just post em! cya

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
There is an excellent reference on this site at:
http://www.geekstogo...s_98-t9803.html

Do not be alarmed if steps 2 & 10 are not displayed. Step 3 may vary slightly, but the selection is the same(without CD-ROM support).