Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lag on starcraft

• Please log in to reply

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
me and my friend plays starcraft broodwar at my house...and the game always lag if i or him create a game...but if we join the same game from other people we dont lag...

this happens if hes using wireless (he has a laptop)

or if we connect it to netgear ethernet hub

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

me and my friend plays starcraft broodwar at my house...and the game always lag if i or him create a game...but if we join the same game from other people we dont lag...

this happens if hes using wireless (he has a laptop)

or if we connect it to netgear ethernet hub

Could mean many things... hard question to answer..

Your isp could have a slow upload speed and if you are trying to host a server letting internet people join aswell then that could be a problem..

Your hub could be giving you problems.. You should always use a router nowadays as they are a replacement for hubs..

Your computers could be the problem also, but starcraft doesnt require a fast pc to play or host on at all..

If you create a Lan game there should be no lag if any very little considering if your running on older hardware/computers..