Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

looking for some help with nero encoding dvd

• Please log in to reply

alabaster

alabaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have this big old problem.

i made some home movies and edited and such with windows movie maker. then i wanted to burn them from wmv to a dvd so i was told to use nero. so i go through and set chapters and such, and up to the part where the remote appears on the right which let's you preview it, everything is perfectly how i want it.

then when i burn it to a dvd, it plays for about 10 minutes with no problem but then gets all glitchy. the video slows down a ton, the audio keeps going for about 10 seconds then stops. after the audio stops, the video returns to normal except it's completely silent.

so i tried a few times with no luck, then i was told to slow down the write speed so i tried it. still no luck, and i tried to encode it to the hard drive and the same problem happened. so the problem is not with the burning, it's more with the encoding.

so i was referred to some other encoding programs which i tried but have the same exact problem. at this point i've gone too far to just give up, i'm hoping someone can give me some good solid advice. thanks in advance, and thanks for reading my long desparate plea.

tyson

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Nero, click make movie, add a chapter with browse, click the blue + to add it to the timeline, click export, click configure, DVD settings, set the encoding to high quality 2 passes, click export, when the file has transcoded, click OK, click either of the red icons to remove the file then add another, when you have exported all the files, click make movie, add the files from nerovision, exported video, add all to the timeline, click next, choose from the burn options