Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows will not install.

• Please log in to reply

quills

quills

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello eveyone,

Sorry to bug you guys, but I could really use some help.

Okay, so here's what the problem is. I was having some software issues, so I backed up everything (so no problem there) and decided to just give my comp a repair install. Well, it was almost done loading off the CD when, crash, the thing refused to repair. So, I said, what the [bleep], I've got everything I really need and after a couple of attempts of repairing without success, I decided to delete the partition and start from scratch with a new clean install. Same problem.

It loads from the CD to about 50-80% and then, crash. *sigh* Can anyone tell me what to look for and how I can possibly get Windows back up?

Thank in advance for your help. :whistling:
-Q

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Check the CD for any scratches or smudges first. Clean it off nice and good. I don't think we should rule out overheating yet either... How many fans are in your system? Do they all work properly?

quills

quills

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The CD is fine, but I didn't think to check the fan. I'll check it and see if that helps.

Thanks.

quills

quills

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well, it looks like its working now. Sorry to bother you guys for something as stupidly simple as cleaning the fans. Makes me feel like a real dunce. :whistling:

Thanks for your response, StormKnight6.

-Q