Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I dont know what to do with computer anymore((help))

• Please log in to reply

Miguel1979

Miguel1979

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone, :whistling: I have been search all over the internet for answers on what i can do to get my computer moving much quicker then it is i have tried many things but it still seems to run slow, i went from dial up to dsl I put in 256 mb or ram to bring my computer the the max it can hold with is 368 and i put in a new hhd bringing my computer from 17gb to 80 gbs because it kept filling up, what can i put in my computer to be able to install more ram since i think that may be the problem or is there something else i can try to get it moving i would appreciate any comment anybody may have other then get a new computer i cant afford one :blink:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Could be clogged up with viruses and malware... See the appropriate forum to get somebody to have a look for you :whistling:

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
just run some ad-aware SE, its free, and get AVG, its also a free personal anti virus program, and download Sygate firewall personal, its also free, and will keep u very well protected. then.......which processor do u have?

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Most likely your system is clogged with s**t. I always recommend a good reformat AT MOST every year. I do it every 3-6 months (have file server for back up though).

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Members should refrain from offering any advice on malware other than directions to the malware forum.

Visit the malware forum first its in my sig if you cant find it, if you get a clean bill of health come back.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
I wasn't talking about the malware, rather the speed. :whistling: