Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add remove programs screen problem

• Please log in to reply

l3ullets

l3ullets

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

First of all this problem has in no way caused any problems to my system, which is in very good health.
I aslo can not pinpoint any install/uninstall or Windows update, that caused this problem. ( the time span from when I last went to Add/remove was about 3 months).

The problem is that the list ( listed by name) loads ok but it lists programs down to the last one begining with E then I have to scrowl a long way down to the First one begining with F.
In between it is all Black.

Never seen this issue before.

Any help comments are welcome cheers.

Add_remove_pic_1.1.JPG
Add_remove_pic_2.1.JPG

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi l3ullets

Click Start, then Run, type regedit and click "Ok". In the left pane of Registry Editor, expand (click +) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then Microsoft, then Windows, then CurrentVersion, and click on Uninstall

Is there a program with a name beginning with "E" or "F" listed here that doesn't appear in Add or Remove Programs? More precisely, a program that should appear where the black space is. If there is, what is the name of that program.

wannabe1

l3ullets

l3ullets

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No, sorry i should of said, there is nothing installed that is hiding within the blacked out area.

Ah! there is a mention of a application/file that seems to have been left behind.

It is Electronic Arts game updater.

Maybe left behind from the uninstall of Tiger woods 2006 that I uninstalled about ... 2 months ago.

I assumed this was part of Need for speed most wanted within the program files folder, but thinking back it would make sense.

Deleted registry entries and Folder entries.
Problem sorted.
Thank you.

Edited by l3ullets, 28 June 2006 - 12:18 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
My pleasure! :whistling: