Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red Alert 2

• Please log in to reply

Albino

Albino

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hello, I have a problem here with RA2, it's a bit funny really because I can't think whats caused it, although i think it's a common problem because I keep reading about it on the internet. Well, i installed it not long ago, and it worked wonderfully, nice to play again because it's been a while, cept then after a few days it would not start, there was errors all the time. So i decided to uninstall it and reinstall but when it came to installing again all i get is an error with "Setup.exe". It's very annoying and will not work at all, and i'd be ever so gratful if someone could help me out.

:whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Were you able to reinstall or no?

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
No not at all, I tried just now and really it would work at all. Sometimes I can get as far as to accept the liscensing thing, but then after that comes a message saying "Setup.exe" has encountered a problem. But also, sometimes its a different file with the problem, this time "~ef719.tmp".

I really have no idea what's wrong but I'd be ever so gratful if you could help me out :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Does the game manufacturer's knowledgebase have anything to say about this?

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Yes I think so, here is a link to some suggestions about the problem, though none I tried seemed to work either, but I have not tried all because I don't really understand! The one I tried was the safedisc one, but that didn't work, so, I really am quite stuck.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Which steps don't you understand? EA gives you the steps to use the tools, but my guess is that you don't understand what it is your doing, or why, right?

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
You are very much correct there Mr Storm. I know for certain it's not a spyware issue, but I don't know what alcohol 10% and clone cd and such things are.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well cloning the CD will allow you to... Well... Duplicate the CD. It will be just like the retail version. Now, Alcohol 10% is probably rubbing alcohol, which they want you to use to clean teh CD with. I'm not familiar with these processes either, as I never really have issues, but I hope this helps somewhat?

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Yes, I think Clone CD will do as you say. I spoke with a friend, apparently alcohol 10% is an image viewing program? Might be wrong though, but I have seen it as I program as I recall. Is there anyway anyone knows how to resolve this?