Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

file size of a jpeg

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I HAVE SORTED THIS.

ok, i have 2 signature immages, each around 25k. they are in jpeg format, i have tried everything i can to try to make them small enough to be allowed on the forum. i need them 12k or lower

can anyone help?
i need to know how to make them smaller, i tried saving them as different formats but that made them up to 110k as a PNG!! the smallest size i can get them to is 20k and then they go awfull quality..

any help would be apreciated..

cheers :whistling:

EDIT: i managed to get one to 12.6 by making it a lot smaller in piels. ill try that with the next

Edited by voa, 28 June 2006 - 11:33 AM.

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
ok i found that if i save them as a jpg in paint rather than adobe photoshop CS i can get them to 16k
ill try making them smaller in pixels...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If reducing the images to a smaller size with good resolution works for you instead of using an online tool to reduce the jpeg file size only, then Paint is ok. It's a tradeoff here as you can do both, reduce size of image and reduce quality of image. Image compression lets you reduce an image's file size, without reducing its width or height. Cropping unnecessary parts helps too. Depending on size you want to use, you may want to maintain the best quality. Online tools, should you not have a good graphics editing program, are useful to experiment with. I would make an exact copy of the image first before experimenting. Even if you try to remember to always save as a different file name, original may get overwritten. :blink:

More info about various ways at About.com's Graphics Software.

Here is a page link which has many Web-based Image Tools and Online Services.

Just my 2 cents. :whistling:

Ron

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
ooh thanks :whistling:

that may be better than my way