Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player: Musical Colors

• Please log in to reply

beethoven

beethoven

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I have seen the Musical Colors vizualization on some computers, and would really like it. I have Windows Media Player 9, and can't find it available on Microsoft's download website. Is there anywhere it can be gotten from?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Is THIS it?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You have to pay for some of the visualistions, if you are into visualisations the best player to get is winamp.

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
No that's not it. It's a set called "Musical Colors" just like the battery set or the bars and waves set. I know it exists; probably almost half of the computers with Windows Media Player that I've seen have it preinstalled. I also know that it should be or used to be available by itself for download; I just can't find it. I think I might have heard a rumor somewhere that it was removed for some reason. When I've seen it I've really liked it, so even if there are other players with more, I would really like that set if there's a way to get it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just upgrade to 10 it should be pre installed in it, or upgrade to 11 which is really nifty but its still in beta it works fine.

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
OK.... I figured it out with some reading on another website's forum. I realize I can't link to the page, but am I permitted to explain my solution for others?

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
OK.... after Kat gave me permission, here's the solution link: here. If it should disappear in the future, my solution was to download to the WMP folder, and register the file wmpvis.dll. Thanks.