Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

software program for mini dvd camcorder

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
For the past months I have been looking at mini dvd camcorders, having had a sony hi 8 and editor in the past.
Am quite astonished now that it is a major issue to get a hot show for a zoom microphone, lest you pay $2000 + and then I have people tell me NOT to buy an mpeg mini dvd camcorder b/c the quality is poor.

I have been using my hauppauge win tv pvr usb 2 to transfer videos from my vast library collection of classics to dvd via Ulead Movie Factory 4 and have been pleased with the results.

Now I have been told to look only at the tape camcorders that mpeg format is not good even if I purchase Wombles.
I am really confused about what to do b/c I don't want to buy a camcorder that is up there in price to get a decent "lux" and then find that I am really disappointed in the quality of the dvd that I create.

All I really had planned to do at present was buy a mini dvd camcorder and record 1 hr per grandchild since the parents don't have the cash to buy the cameras and then transfer it to a 4.75 dvd so there is some history of each of them in their growing years. Just as I used my Sony Hi 8.
I was told Wombles was the only program that could do a half decent job, however I know nothing about Wombles, nor do I know anything about the other mpeg software available.

Or am I making a wrong choice in selecting Mini dvd over the tape camcorders??

I hope someone can unravel what has become confusing to me...AVI vs MPEG 2 and software???

Thankyou.

Advertisements