Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adobe Acrobat Viewer causing crashes

• Please log in to reply

ldbonner

ldbonner

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey guys,

Ive been having issues opening up documents in ADOBE Acrobat reader.

I have tried to uninstall/install numerous times, and the troubleshooting from adobe is no help

I would like to try to remove any instances from the registry and re-install, but I am leary of messing with registry. Does anyone have information on what could be causing this trouble?

I am using ZoneAlarm (purchased) for my firewall/spyware/virus

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

ldb

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I had that problem with Adobe 7 so i just uninstalled it and went back to using version 6. There are a few websites that won't let adobe 6 open the pdf so i just skip them. On this computer that has the same motherboard but a different hardware setup adobe 7 works just fine. One thing i don't do is the little upgrades that the reader trys to get you to download. That was the reason adobe 7 quit working on the other computer. The update crashed the computer pretty badly.

I'm running ZA on all my puter so i don't think its a factor.

My Motto: if it works don't mess

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 28 June 2006 - 06:04 PM.

ldbonner

ldbonner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Yes, That seems to have solved the problem.

I loaded Adobe 6.0.1 and it works like a charm.

Thanks