Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD_2 Mulitaplayer LAG ....w/ my x800

• Please log in to reply

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
ive been getting lag w/ CoD2 ...I have a AMD3500 2 GB DDR400 anda x800xl. The temps r fine i have the newest drivers and patches...y am i only getting crappy frames even on the lowest settings??

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
30 fps is the equivalent of normal real-life motion, so the fact that you are getting more then that (40fps) I wouldn't complain. But you can always try to update your video card drivers, your chipset drivers, sound card driver and network adapter driver.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 28 June 2006 - 06:27 PM.

anoobrew

anoobrew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Ive already tryed that (drivers etc, reinstall)....and 40 is my hi, usaully its in the mid 20s my 9600xt had better frame rate than this......

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

ive been getting lag w/ CoD2 ...I have a AMD3500 2 GB DDR400 anda x800xl. The temps r fine i have the newest drivers and patches...y am i only getting crappy frames even on the lowest settings??

You must have something with the graphics settings set wrong somewhere.

Check and see if you have any AA = Anti-Aliasing or AF = Anisotropic Filtering set too high in the games video card options... Just check and see, if its not already I suggest for now lowering the aa and af to both off and test that first..

Check any other video card options and set them down lower, I know you said its on the lowest settings but just check.. If 40 is your average fps that is actually good for that game if you have the graphics turned up that is..

Have you checked to see if your video card is forcing any kind of aa or af to a high rate in the video card options under display properties, / advanced..

anoobrew

anoobrew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
40 FPs is MAX w/ EVERYTHING turned down..but i'll check advanced options on my card in windows

anoobrew

anoobrew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Still no luck......