Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

some one stole my ip address

• Please log in to reply

qaz354

qaz354

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help someone stole my ip address. i was using aim and some one imed me and told me to click on his profile i did (dont ask me why) and it said "your ip address has been stolen" can i report him? how do i know if he has the right ip address?
is there any way to change my ip address be for he hacks into my computer?

please help me ~austin

Advertisements

qaz354

qaz354

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
please reply i have a belkin wireless card
and i want to find out my real ip address how do i find it?

Desiredfx

Desiredfx

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Running Windows 9x . go to start run type "winipcfg" w/o quotes
when the Box appears hit the drop down arrow to select the wireless adapter and it will tell you your IP.

Waynet

Waynet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Easy to find your IP address. Open up your DOS window or Command window. You can find this under Programs> Accessories. Or you can select RUN off the start menu and type in Command. Once DOS window opens up, type ipconfig/all at the blinking prompt, then hit enter. That will give you more information than you will know what to do with. It will give you your IP Address.