Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WoW Patch Issues

• Please log in to reply

Neokun

Neokun

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Got the game, downloaded/installed it, put in my code, put in my 60 day card code, everything is good.

Now I run the game and try to get online and it says it has to update...the game updates successfully, then says it must restart. It goes to restart, Blizzard Downloader opens up and attempts to download the latest patch...but it doesnt happen.

Then I tried to mirror the patch but still no cigar.

Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
it should download in the background while your playing the game. :whistling:

Neokun

Neokun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
No, it hasnt let me play yet. It closes the game and attempts to download patch 1.11 or something but it doesnt work...

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
reinstall WoW the run da patch

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
When it opens the update window, there should be (if I remember, I haven't played in forever) and option that disables the Peer to Peer download of it (which is default) and should take you to a mirror site.

Also, if you need to update manually, not using the auto installer, you need to find each incremental patch. I'm pretty sure there isn't a full patch out there so you'd need to find each little patch, which is a pain.

Try disabling your firewall momentarily and trying that.

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
http://www.gamespot....o...52951&mode=

Try that.