Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd reauthoring

• Please log in to reply

Eaw401

Eaw401

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have dvds that are finalized that I want to add chapters too. Is there any software out there that does that? I understand that I would probably have to put the video from the dvd onto my hard drive. I have looked everywhere and have downloaded about 10 trial softwares ...... help!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
neither a comment nor suggestion about the site - moving you to applications

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will need to copy the files to the drive then make a new disc with the additions on

You can use DVDRW discs to make VR Mode discs which are editable

Eaw401

Eaw401

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok that part i understand but what software can i use to get it onto my hard drive and then add chapters to it and then burn it? Is there one software that does all of that?

Eaw401

Eaw401

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
if there is - which one is the best for my money? My dvds that i am doing this with are from my home movies finalized on drd+r

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is for a trial version so you can see how you get on with it

http://www.filehippo...nero_7_premium/

Once oinstalled, click start smart, make dvd movie to add chapters

To get the files on to the drive, load the disc, open folders to view files, highlight the files you want then click copy and specificy where to