Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Echo on webcam microphone

• Please log in to reply

qupert

qupert

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hey there. I just bought a webcam and everything works fine, however, when i talk into the microphone, i can hear about a 1 second delay echo of myself. the person i'm talking to does not. i've tried 2 different mics and it's the same. We went through all the volume adjustments last night an nothing changes it. What could it be? it's driving me insane!

I have a Dell Latitude laptop w/Windows XP Professional (2002).

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Is this a USB microphone or traditional jack? Have you tried updating your sound card drivers at all?

qupert

qupert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I do not know how to update drivers.

The cameral is a Creative, and it connects via usb. The headphone/mic came with it, and it has to traditional jack plugs.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I see, so the microphone is embedded into the camara. Did you install the drivers/programs from the CD I'm sure they gave you?

qupert

qupert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yes, the cd updated the drivers. But the mic/headphone is completely separate from the camera. I can use a different one if I wanted, or none at all, but of course there's a lot of feedback and I can't really hear w/out it.