Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More BF2 Issues....

• Please log in to reply

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Mixy I can relate.[i][u]

I will give you my problem with Battlefield 2 and hopefully someone will have an idea. I have went a few different routes before posting here, this is my last resort.

My computer will load the game and play the first map just fine. When it gets to the second map my load speed slows down, but eventually after 20 extra sec it gets in. Usually it'll start to play the second map and *bam* either CTD or lost connection. In the rare case that is does continue to play, it is a little laggy and well the play is minimal at best. This is the part where I go to the menu screen and try and find another server. The funny thing is, is that I go from 1500 servers at a 180 ping set (so in game around 120) to maybe 300 servers if I am lucky. I usually hit QUIT and start a new game.

I have a cable connection at 365 for upload-down is around 2000 sitting in booneys of Alaska. 2nd best cable upload I could get. I had a guy from the company make sure those levels where all good. Ran Dsl reports as well. My computer is virus free and always clean. So far this is what I have done; Unistalled BF2, Ran AVG & Spybot in safe, Cleaned Resitry, Deleted all files and folders related to BF2, and then reinstalled game with all patches applicable. I had to go the extra mile on this, because I deleted all patches in my folder. 1.21 1.22 1.3. Blah blah blah....finally I got all installed and still got the same problem. So I surrendered :whistling: !! I noticed problems after 1.3 patch, about 2 weeks ago or so. I have done 3 un-installs so far, but am willing to do whatever. Yes all drivers for everthing in my system are up to date.

Now I play my first map and if it craps out I just hit quit and start again.
Dont think it is hardware, but here are specs.
Computer:
3500+ 64 Amd
Dual Raptor HDs
2 gigs
X800
Thermal take 420 ps
nvidia nforce4 platform

*OPT*

Advertisements

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
:) Here I'll just reply to my own post....ummmm your screwed lol. :blink:

Just jokin, :help: but seriously if anyones got an idea :whistling: that would be so cool.

OPT.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
How does it work offline?

:whistling:

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
:whistling: Single player? Works fine, is that what you mean. What are you implying?

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
It is definitely not your hardware. On line play brings punkbuster into the mix.

Try manually updating punkbuster. Instructions.

If that doesn't work, I would try re-installing to patch 1.22 and see how that works.

Do you have this problem with any other games that use punkbuster?

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey Blaster thanks for all the help so far I will try that, oh and sorry for late reply. I do appreciate your help.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
:whistling: Ok Blaster I am back, for a little while anyway. Updated PB for Windows, then went ahead and got rid of incremental 1.22 and downloaded full. Nothing changed that I can tell, still doing the same thing. It plays, but like I said if I try a different server it'll either CTD or let me know it doesn't like it. If I keep playing into second map it loads slow, but now it actually will play the second map so that is good. Before it wouldn't even let me in second round and if it did I only lasted about 10 min.

Thanks Again Blaster.

***OPT***

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Chronic420 this is out of hand. More stuggles with BF2

Nevermind my last reply, it is the same. Doing the same thing over and over on Multiplayer. It seemed to be playing better there for a couple games then BAM! back to the way it was.

Maybe the new 1.4 patch will fix it. Who knows, I've tried everything I think......

:whistling: OPT :blink:

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
After reseaching many of the applicable forums, it seems you are not alone. Since the 1.3 patch, many are experiencing this problem.

The top three issues that may affect you CTD are:

Joining a server that is nearly full 31/32 or 63/64.

Sound card drivers.

or, heat.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good news is that the 1.4 patch is in beta testing.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Been having sound issues too. Drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled on a few different occasions. What about video card heat, is this possible? :help: I am not sure how to check the temps either. I haven't been in bios yet. Thanks Again Blaster your help is much appreciated. How can I check temps? :)

:blink:

***OPT***

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
My preferred app for temp sensing is Speedfan.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
:whistling: Audio set to Hardware High when it should of been Software. Never thought it could cause that many problems HOLY SMOKES!!!! :help:

:blink: EVERYTHING IS GOOD TO GO THANKS BLASTER!!!!!

***OPT***

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

For the record, what sound device are you using?

:blink:

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey Blaster, I haven't been in the forums lately. My sound card is Nvidea Nforce Audio card. It's nothing fancy or anything. Just run of the mill. Why?

:whistling: OPT

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
You didn't mention it in the previous posts.

It's always good to get all the info for future reference.