Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC wont boot from CD ***Need Help***

• Please log in to reply

Sgt.Hello

Sgt.Hello

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello... recently I was Dual booting with Linux and Windows XP. The other day I decided to reformat my drive to get rid of Linux. I deleted the Linux partitions and restarted Windows. When I booted into Windows nothing showed up. No icons. No Startbar. Nothing. Then I just figured I would reformat Windows. I put the CD in and it showed the "repair" option. So I figured I could just repair my Windows. I ran the repair setup. Then I restarted. Nothing... I let it boot and I get a blinking cursor. Then I figured I could just boot from my XP disc. I went into BIOS and tried to boot from the CD. All I get every time is just a black screen. It doesnt boot or anything. Just a black scree. I need help very badly!

Advertisements