Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drive Scrubber Problem

• Please log in to reply

jbb

jbb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently, I used Drive Scrubber 2 on an older Dell Dimension computer that I want to donate to a women's shelter. Now that I've completed the scrubbing process the computer only recognizes the "A" drive. I created a boot disk as per instructions on a 1.44mb diskette. When I try and boot the computer from this disk to load Windows the Drive Scrubber program is loaded first. I then press escape "Esc" to get our of Drive Scrubber and am sent into DOS where the "A" drive prompt appears. When I instruct the computer to locate the "D" or "C" drive it gives me the error message "Invalid Drive D" or "Invalid (whichever drive I'm trying to access). What can I do to get the computer to recognize the "D or C" drives so I can reload Windows XP? At the A:\> (I am typing D or D: or D:\, but none of those seem to work. I can get a directory when I type "dir" at the A prompt.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jim

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
to load xp you should just need to boot from the xp cd...there should be no need for a boot disk