Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DVD RW Drive thinks its a DVD-Ram/CD-RW

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Samsung DVD-RW in a custom pc with xp. It will burn cds and play dvds but it won't burn dvds. under device mgr its listed as device type: DVD/cd-rom drive. but if I take it out and install it in another system with same op sys lists as DVD-RW drive and works well. It was working fine. When you inserted a blank DvD before it would autorun "Create DVD etc etc". Now it thinks blank DVD's are Blank CD's. It all happened between copys 2 and 3 of a "Make 3 copys" in nero 6 copy 2 came out great copy 3 got to 680mb then quit same brand DVD+R disk. Bought another brand new LG DVD-RW drive and its doing the same thing. I have uninstalled drivers and restarted. I have Downloaded drivers. I'm Stuck Help Please