Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

probs after closing down IE

• Please log in to reply

sexyhug

sexyhug

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guys,
i was sent here by crosswinds of freeware shareware site he has been try'n to help me but to no avail ...... i can run any amount of web pages at one time no probs but if i close them down pc stops, then i have to switch off by holding down turn on button for 5 secs and restart and pc is fine again, crosswinds has been thro hijack this and startup manager with me found a few things but i still have the same problem..
pc is a pacardbell i-media with 1024ram and 160gb hard drive, runing windows xp sp2, i was running norton but crosswinds had me disable it, also got prevx, ad-aware, spybot s&d, windows defender, spyware blaster, and now using xp firewall, so its not a mal ware program i don't think cause if they didn't find it crosswinds would have with hijack this ................. any help on this matter would be much appreciated thank you in advance

sexyhug

Advertisements

jhempelayo

jhempelayo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
what version of IE?

sexyhug

sexyhug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
IE 6 I think

sexyhug

sexyhug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I think i should add that i don't seem to have a problem when closing down this page and others problem really only occurs when i close down msn sites ( i am a manager of a msn forum) this problem has been getting worse and worse as time goes by and really has me and others puzzled any help with this matter would be much apprciated thank you

sexyhug

sexyhug

sexyhug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi guys just a wee post to tell you i got the problem sorted, totally removed norton (and a few other things) outta pc and run regseeker seemed to sort it out