Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The new blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
hello,
well i just built a new machine. i have a gigabyte m51gm-s2g motherbaord, with a socket am2 athlon 64 3800+, 1 gig of corsar ddr2 800 ram and a wd sata2 hd.

well when i first built the machine i used a gig of crucials ballistick x ddr2 800 and the system kept on crashing and i was getting a blue screen of death. "windows is displaying this to prevent damage to your computer... dumping physical memory" and i figured out that one of the ballistix modules was bad. so i replaced it with the corsair and it ran fine for about 8 hours no probelm then it crashed with another blue screen i ran memtest 86 and this time i came up with no errors so i have no idea what the problem is. i think its the motherboard but how do i test it??? or if anyone else has an idea?

Advertisements

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I kept having BSODs when I set the RAM speed. Is yours set on Auto?