Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows is annoying, new problem with windows maybe?

• Please log in to reply

fly29

fly29

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have windows xp sp2 that i just reinstalled and every time i open a new folder or start to install something the new window opens under any other window that is on my screen. there has to be something i missed but i checked in folder options and various things in control panel and still have found nothing to change this annoying habit. somebody please show me that i have missed something really stupid and i will be forever grateful.

thanks

Edited by fly29, 02 July 2006 - 08:45 AM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
What do the pop-unders say?

fly29

fly29

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
just any window that i open be it a folder or installing new hardware, basically the focus stays with whatever window i was using not the one i am currently opening...does that make sense? lol

imagine installing new hardware and after installing the drivers for the new hardware there is a popup that asks you to register your new hardware,.....but its under the install screen and you dont know that its there so it seems like your computer is locked up but in reality you just have to click on the new popup. annoying as [bleep]! i hope this helps.

thanks