Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop icon non-deletable

• Please log in to reply

Wayfr

Wayfr

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi Guys, can't figure out how to delete this icon on the desktop.My son downloaded this program, that came along with his new digital camera ( Hewlitt - Packard ).It's not a shortcut icon but is a "Share-to-Web Upload Folder". You can move it all around the desktop, but you can't get rid of it. Left clicking on the icon does nothing and right clicking seems to freeze his PC. Any ideas? :whistling:

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Try reinstalling the camera driver.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Read this article and see if anything there will help.

http://www.softwarep...-delete-xp.html

If that doe not work you might try using the move-on-boot program to get rid of it.

http://www.softwarep...moveonboot.html

If the file reappears again (check its creation date to ensure it is being recreated) and you can't make it budge, you may have trouble with spyware or a virus on your system.

SRX660

Wayfr

Wayfr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Emery, thanks for your advice. We tried uninstalling but the program refused to budge.Looks like we'll have to use " moveonboot" to delete. Bad install may have caused this problem??? Hey we'll work it out. Thanks.

Wayfr

Wayfr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
SRX660, thanks for your attention. We'll give that uninstall program a shot. Thanks again.

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
ok now if that does not work you can try to delete it manually in the hard drive searching for the folder for the camera you can delete the file holding it in place first un install everything in folder before deleting then delete the file manually like i said i hope i helped but it lookes like you got it under control already

best wishes :whistling:

Wayfr

Wayfr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Mike needs help, thanks for your input. We ripped the program out with moveonboot. Suffered no repercussions. I guess we're lucky. Thanks.

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
your very welcome :whistling: