Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Live messemger / msn messenger

• Please log in to reply

kingscottfamily

kingscottfamily

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Started with an update of Live messenger and now this message appears when I try to reinstall Messenger 7.5

"The installation program appears to be damaged or corrupted. Contact the vendor of this application."

I have obviously downloaded a new copy from the web site.

But I think it must be something on my pc.

Anyone come across this problem and get it fixed? :whistling:

Advertisements

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
well first i would do exactly as the message says but try installing a earlier version of msn messenger after you try that if that doesnt work like you said it is probly a problem with your computer if you have th windows installation disk boot it from cd drive before the computer boots then do a windows repair this has recently happend to a client i had i did resolve but we did end up doing a cd boot repair :blink: best wishes :whistling:

kingscottfamily

kingscottfamily

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you Mike for your reply :help:

argh, I was hoping the fix wasn't as drastic as you are suggesting :blink: Especially as I have a HP computer and we are not trusted with any sort of Windows disk :whistling:

I'll try contacting Microsoft / MSN. I wonder if anyone answers a phone there :)