Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is it a good laptop?

• Please log in to reply

madhacker

madhacker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all!!
I am thinking of buying a new laptop and i have settled for Acer Aspire 5652 LX.ABV05.022. It is equipped with a core duo processor and has a geforce 7600 go with 256 MB of memory. Also a multi dvd/rw, 100 gb hard disk, 15.4 widescreen, 1gb ram (expandable to 4), wireless, bluetooth etc. As i have little knowledge about laptops i would very much appreciate some opinion with my future buy.

And one more thing: Can this graphics card be upgraded? Does this go for every non integrated graphics card on laptops?

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Alright, well, this is a complicated question. This is becuase everyone has their own opinion on brands. I say stay away from Acer, becuase I've seen them have a lot of problems. Other people will say that Acer is just as good as any other brand. I'll say the same thing to you as I will everyone else... Sony, IBM, and Toshiba are the brands that have the fewest overall issues with their machines. (Yes, in that order) We have a Toshiba here, and love it. As for the video cards I'm sure they can be upgraded, but I wouldn't do it myself. That's becuase I don't really work on laptops. I can't tell you how expensive it might be to upgrade either. It depends on what you want.

madhacker

madhacker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the advice stormknight, but Acer offers more for less. An equivalent toshiba or ibm would be much more expensive. Thanks anyway though

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Yes, that's the sad part :blink: Hope it all works out for you :whistling: