Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Messenger Install Crisis

• Please log in to reply

kluless kev

kluless kev

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Right, first time here, so not too sure where to start....erm..... i was part of the beta test for windows live messenger, and yesterday or the day before i was promted prior sign in to update to the most recent version of Windows Live or i would be unable to continue... so despite trying to update to the most recent version i have been unable to... i get past the initialization of windows installer, and the Windows Live Messenger Wizard starts, i uncheck components like msn home, rhapsody music and sign in assistant, cos i hate them lol, and click next..... here i am shown a progress bar and told it will take a few minutes.... however, there is no progress whatso ever.... leaveing it over night one time i woke up to a dialogue box saying, something along the lines of install server is unresponsive.
I tried numerous things, such as updating windows installer... and some sugestions with the run tool in the start menu, but to no avail..... Also uninstallation seemed impossible for a while, but i managed that earlier on, thinkin it would make a difference, but it didnt.... same old lack of progress bar...... the same problem is apparent on both my desktop and laptop, so im absolutely stumped...... really need help
kind, actually kindest reguards lol

kev

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Sounds like maybe a problem on Microsoft's end :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Might try turning off a firewall or AV you are using if it requires server contact, also try redownloading maybe not from MS that way youll be sure to get a full installer.

I upgraded last week without incident so MS is fine on there side.

kluless kev

kluless kev

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You sir are a genius, im back to Windows Live Messenger with my beautiful purple menu screens and my pic of rachel Leigh Cook....neways thanks alot
Luv an Stuff
La Kev