Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection for computer does not work

• Please log in to reply

moppie2005

moppie2005

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The router I have is a Motorola 850G.

My computer is able to detect that there is my wireless router nearby, but when I try to connect, it says invalid login.

I went to check my router username and password information and it is this:

Posted Image

Am I setting up my computer wrong? This is how the settings for that router is like:

Posted Image

I have a Nintendo DS and it is able to connect to the wireless router and internet with no problems. I tried using the same username and password for my computer but it doesn't seem to work, so I assume I'm setting up some WPA, WEP, or something wrong with my computer. Therefore, right now, I am connecting to the router directly using an ethernet cable, but wireless would be much more convenient. Please help. Thanks so much!

Edited by moppie2005, 03 July 2006 - 05:14 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Do you have the security setting called MAC addresses being filtered? This makes it so that any computer which does not have an address on your approved list will be unable to connect. Of course, that doesn't explain for the gaming machine connecting. Why are you entering the key in hex? Do you have other options?

moppie2005

moppie2005

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
How do I find my computer's MAC address so that I can perhaps try to add that mac address to a list of approved ones? I'm not supposed to have any mac filtering.

I am entering in hex because I was reading the tutorial for the Nintendo DS wi-fi and it said to enter in hex.

moppie2005

moppie2005

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I took a look at my nintendo ds' setting and they called the password "WEP Key". Does that make any difference on what settings I'm supposed to set on the computer?