Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD monitor freezing in the "on" position

• Please log in to reply

dipdog

dipdog

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a Gateway 18" LCD monitor (FPD1830) which is acting oddly. At times the monitor freezes with a blank screen and in the "on" position. The monitor will not turn off when I press the on/off button (it remains lit in the on position). The only thing I can do is unplug it and plug it back in, at which point everything is fine. It seems to happen when the screen is switching resolutions, such as when certain screen savers are loading, or when the computer first boots up. As long as I leave the computer on with no screen saver enabled, it is fine. However, when some screen savers load or when I reboot, the screen goes blank and freezes in the "on" position. I unplug it, plug it back in, and the screen saver or windows screen is there clearly and the on/off button then works. I'm assuming maybe this is an electrical problem? Just wondering if you know what this is, if it's an easy or hard fix, and if there is anything that I can do with the computer settings or monitor settings to resolve the problem.

Thanx!

- Scott

Advertisements