Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL Missing or Corrupt

• Please log in to reply

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi Guys,
Have "Spyware Doctor" in my Start-Programs list and each time I click on it as to open it I receieve this Error message,,,,,"Cannot find import;DLL maybe missing,corrupt or wrong version,File "rtl70,bpl",error 126
There is an "Uninstall" option but if i click on that i get this error message...File,"C;\program Files\Spyware Doctor\uninsOOO.dat"does not exist.Cannot uninstall.
There is no option in Add\Remove as i can remember this program being removed sometime ago but obviously not in the correct manner hence the remmants of it left behind.
I'm sure it is the "Registry" somewhere to delete but don't want to go poking there unless i have the proper guides from someone from "GTG", so i do hope you'll be able to help me with this.

Regards. :whistling:

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello Seamey. T

If you have the Spyware Doctor CD or the original installation file, use it to initiate an installation.

You should be given the option to remove or repair the current installation on your computer. Choose whichever one you want to do.

If neither option is available, try getting the latest Spyware Doctor and installing it. Latest versions of programs tend to remove the earlier versions before continuing.

Keep me informed about your progress. :whistling:

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi computerwiz 12890,

Problem Solved.

did as you said and reinstalled Spyware Doctor,installed it where the old version was and that did the job,no-more error messages.

Thank you for your help,once again "GTG" come to the rescue,

Take care,

Seamey.T

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Glad I could help :blink:

you take care too :whistling: