Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZoneAlarm & Images

• Please log in to reply

cam

cam

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Firstly, I know ZA Pro (version 6.5) is causing the problem because when I turn it off, everything works fine.

The problem is that some images on some websites aren't showing up. It's random. Also, thumbnails of forum attachments aren't displaying at all.

The ZoneLabs forum doesn't seem to be very helpful and I'm about ready to run straight into a wall trying to figure out what settings to use for ZA.

Here are my current Privacy settings:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
On Mobile Code tab, try unblocking Object and ActiveX with Pro running to see if that does it. Were these set to Default for Pro? Never used Pro that much as the free ZA worked fine for me. In Ad Blocking, I would turn on Pop Up/Pop Under control. As to the others, your choice, but you can set options to what shows for Pro considers an ad image. Some people don't like banner ads or animation. Sometimes it blocks the ones you want to see.

Ron

cam

cam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I unchecked 'Block embedded objects', but the images still aren't showing up.

Everything used to work fine until I updated ZA. My previous version was 5.x.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm not sure ZA needs a reboot after unchecking/checking any of the boxes before they take effect. If rebooting after making a change doesn't pinpoint it for you in a ZA setting, then it may be somewhere else within one of ZA's many options/tabs.

I will be off the Internet for some time, probably starting tomorrow, so if you wait longer then 3 days before someone responds to your post, then post in the Waiting Room. Please do not bump your topic here as it makes it look like you are being helped.

Sorry for the inconvenience and that I couldn't complete this. The Gulf Coast is still recoving from Katrina and repairs go on causing problems here sometimes.

Ron