Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card? GeForce2 MX400 or Intel Extreme Graphics 2?

• Please log in to reply

Computer Systems Analyst

Computer Systems Analyst

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Recently my 8 year old motherboard died. :whistling: I had a GeForce2 MX400 on it and the motherboard + processor I'm looking to buy has a Intel Extreme Graphics 2 that comes with it.

I was wondering which would be better for a gaming PC?

Here's the specifications for the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 HERE. and heres the specifications for my GeForce2 MX400 HERE.

Thanks

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Recently my 8 year old motherboard died. :whistling: I had a GeForce2 MX400 on it and the motherboard + processor I'm looking to buy has a Intel Extreme Graphics 2 that comes with it.

I was wondering which would be better for a gaming PC?

Here's the specifications for the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 HERE. and heres the specifications for my GeForce2 MX400 HERE.

Thanks

Neither is actually good for gaming... Integrated isnt really meant for gaming in the first place but the Intel Extreme series has problems running some 3d games. Alot of the newer games wont even work with the intel extreme series.

If your playing older games the geforce2 mx400 would be better because it has more support on games than the integrated intel does..

Computer Systems Analyst

Computer Systems Analyst

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Any suggestions on a good inexpensive gaming video card?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Any suggestions on a good inexpensive gaming video card?

I first need to know some information about the motherboard..

What expansion slot does it have for a video card or give me the link to the motherboard..