Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Old and New MS word files vs. my CD drive.

• Please log in to reply

Arfinwulf

Arfinwulf

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Well, it's actually a DVD/CD writer combo drive. Anyway, for some reason Word files that I made
up until about February or so I can save to CD no problem. But recently made files do not save; instead
I get the following message: Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you
want Windows to do? Other than kiss my rear end, I want it to copy the [bleep] file. Anyone have an idea what the heck is going on? Other recently made files in other software save just peachy, so it's just Word and even Excel files (which I just tried). Grrrrrrr!

Standing by for help.

Cheers,
Arf.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which CD Writing programme are you using

Arfinwulf

Arfinwulf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Heya,

Acutually, I used Windows XP itself. First method was to open Word and just "save as" and pick the
location which, again, worked for old Word files but recent ones gave the error message above. The
second method was to find the files on Windows Explorer and drag and drop into the CD drive--which had the same results as method one. Perhaps I should try a third-party software? I have one on my other computer so I can give that a shot tonight. And THANK YOU for your fast reply!

Cheers,
Arf.

Edited by Arfinwulf, 06 July 2006 - 01:18 PM.