Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Music at login?

• Please log in to reply

Prof. M

Prof. M

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I was wondering if there's anyway to configure your computer so that music runs immediately after you log in, without clicking or opening any programs. Using taskmanager to make the windows media player pop up is as close as I can get to it.

Advertisements

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I know there is a registry which you can edit to startup apps at logon:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\

there you have Run, RunOnce and RunOnceEx.

But i'v not tested what you have to edit, in order to start media player at startup
I think you have to edit the Run folder and put in a link to the media player

Edited by Caracas, 06 July 2006 - 02:47 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you could drop an mp3 in your startup folder (or a shortcut to the mp3 player)

that's only good for one song...

perhaps dropping a playlist file depending on your musicplayer?

It might help if you were a bit more specific in your goal

Prof. M

Prof. M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
What I'd like is that every time I log on my music playlist would play automatically without me having to open up windows media player 10 and searching for the playlist. Basically, I want music to start playing after I enter in my password into the logon screen. I haven't tried your suggestion yet, so I'll try that out first.

Edited by Prof. M, 06 July 2006 - 05:18 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
pretty sure that will work then....

Prof. M

Prof. M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Took a little while to start, but it worked...now if only I could find a way to make it so that the Media Player box didn't pop up-kinda want it minimized on the desktop toolbar at startup or not shown at all.

Edited by Prof. M, 06 July 2006 - 05:40 PM.

Prof. M

Prof. M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Took a little while to start, but it worked...now if only I could find a way to make it so that the Media Player box didn't pop up-kinda want it minimized on the desktop toolbar at startup or not shown at all.

Alright, I guess I'm content with that, although there's something else that I want to know. At http://www.ghostintheshell.tv they have some music playing that I want to save on my computer. The problem is that they use Flash player and I have no idea how I'd save that on my computer. Maybe you could recommend a program that would do the job?