Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Home Install problems

• Please log in to reply

worf1948

worf1948

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi to you all can somebody please help with this problem i have just done a clean install of the above os when i reboot i get the first few screens up to the widows flashing bar then the screen goes blank & i get the message please check signal cable the machine still continues to boot but nothing on screen.I can boot up in safe mode but cannot find anything wrong have looked in the event viewer & there are a feww errors all say Service control manager
Thr tcp/ip net bios helperservice depends on the afd sevice which failed to start because of the following error
A device attached to your system is not functioning.
Any help to sort this problem out would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Check out this site:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dhcp.htm

Hope it helps

greetz

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
boot in safemode with networking...does windows work?

If so, load the newest videocard drivers and chipset drivers for your machine

fix ?

worf1948

worf1948

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi yes windows does work in safe mode i will try your suggestions many thanks for your your time & help :whistling: