Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE is not working - wireless conection exist

• Please log in to reply

den01

den01

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi,

Would you please advice me on these two problems:

Short story:
- week ago received the router from AOL.
- didn’t do too much as I have to find Ethernet Controller drivers
(for Keith if online:previous problem
- driver found, and router is working OK with my PC

First problem:
- on laptop I have setup the wireless network correctly, well in the tray I have an icon that the wireless connection is now connected and that the signal straight is excellent.
- however, when I open the IE I cannot go to the internet????
- I have double check through command prompt -> ipconfig all three thingies: IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Getaway, but it seems that I cannot find the problem.
Please what did I miss here?
(for info: my PC is connected to router via cable; and when I connect the cable in laptop – well IE is working!!! And in same time it shows in the tray that I have wireless connection as well)

Second problem:
- this one is dumb, I know: I have reinstall Zone Alarm on PC (I’m not quite sure why I did it) after installing above mentioned Ethernet drivers and AOL router.
- straight on the beginning of the ZA installation I have this message: “vsmon.exe – unable to locate component” and “this application has failed to start because zpy.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”
Please would you tell me what I should do to put back ZA (I the meantime I have install the Comodo …but I prefer ZA, of course if I would able to put it back)

Thank you for the advices.

Regards,

Den

Advertisements

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi,
Just an update – problem resolved!
Regards,