Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible to get a free .com domain

• Please log in to reply

lewisaur.tk

lewisaur.tk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
im sure this question has been asked 100 times, but is it possible to get a free re-directing .com domain, i dont want any hosting space, i just want the domain.

is there any possible FREE way, so please dont post any thing that says "a cheap deal..."

in the last 3 months i have had over 800 unique hits on my website, as it is well known throughout my school and area.

http://auspinkllama.tk

Thanks

APL

Advertisements

Voltxion

Voltxion

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I can setup a redirection URL as a subdomain for you from my website if youd like
My .net address is animegods.net so If youd like just post the subdomain name youd like I get over 1000+ hits a week because of my old roms site so

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
if you are not bothered about the suffix and can put up with a .tk suffix ie. www.anythingyouwant.tk you can get 5 domain names for free from

www.dot.tk

please quote ambassador number 102832 if you decide to get any

thanks
:tazz:

Desiredfx

Desiredfx

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Now days its so cheap to get a valid name even young kids can afford domain names and normaly you can park the domain for free and have it redirected to where ever ya like. See godaddy.com for pricing ..Its not much more than free lol.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
No, there is no way to get a free .com domain name. However, you may be able to use someone elses domain, and create what's called a subdomain. For example yourdomain.geekstogo.com

You can also buy .com domains from our sister site for $8.95/yr http://www.gtghosting.com

-=Rosco=-

-=Rosco=-

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Now days its so cheap to get a valid name even young kids can afford domain  names and normaly you can park the domain for free and have it redirected to where ever ya like. See godaddy.com for pricing ..Its not much more than free lol.

View Post

As was said, to register a domain is so cheap and easy now that people typically aren't bothered by the $10 a year (That's less then 2 cups of Starbucks coffee :tazz: ). So get out there and register your domain!