Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalling window Components

• Please log in to reply

GravyTrain

GravyTrain

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I decided to do a 'clean up' and unistall everything I didnt use from the add or remove list I didn't use. I clicked the windows components button to the left and messed around with it and accidently uninstalled the Accessories so I cant use paint, the character map, ect... I tried installing it again, but it asked me for my XP SP2 CD. I don't have a XP SP2 CD because I bought SP1 then updated from Microsoft's website. Is there a way around this? I could is order the free SP2 CD off their website, but I will still have to pay the shipping and wait a few weeks for it, when I could of had it done for free and right now. :/

Any help is appreciated. :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you put the CD you have in, does it say wrong CD

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
If it's not working with your CD, you can always copy the SP1 CD to your disk and slipstream SP2 into the files.
That might work.

GravyTrain

GravyTrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I got it working by slip streaming. \0/ Thank you :blink: :whistling:

For anyone else who has the same problem, go to http://www.webtree.c.../slipstream.htm and follow the instructions there. You will need the Original XP CD, a cd burner, a blank CD, and a few of the free programs listed on that site.

Edited by GravyTrain, 07 July 2006 - 11:34 AM.