Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer freezed

• Please log in to reply

cmstew77

cmstew77

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello,

I've been having some problems with my computer the last month or so. It keeps freezing up after I visit a few web pages. It always happens! I did do a sytem restore but that didn't help. I've also done various virus scans and so forth and nothing. It just keeps freezing. I have a DELL D600 laptop. IS there anything I can do? Thank You

Chris

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Have you cleaned the insde of the computer lately? Heat can damage computer componants. Use canned air (Walmart, Radio Shack,..) and blow out the case, cards, heatsink and all fans. Make sure all of your fans are working. When you take the cover off for a moment plug in the computer to see the fans blow.

cmstew77

cmstew77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Have you cleaned the insde of the computer lately? Heat can damage computer componants. Use canned air (Walmart, Radio Shack,..) and blow out the case, cards, heatsink and all fans. Make sure all of your fans are working. When you take the cover off for a moment plug in the computer to see the fans blow.

ok ill give it a shot....thanks

cmstew77

cmstew77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok i cleaned my computer out and it still freezes up...any suggestions?

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Your PC is completely updated (with all MS updates)?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
laptops are not so easy to clean out...did you open it and clean out all the dust bunnies or just blow some air from the fan grill?

Your problem does sound like heat--can you elevate your laptop with a book behind the back and blow a small fan under it?