Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC wont boot past hp invent screen

• Please log in to reply

thegame

thegame

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a hp computer that was running xp. Now it wont boot past the blue hp invent screen. I thought about trying to reinstall windows but the pc wont boot from the disk drive and i cant get to bios to make it do so. I've been working on this thing for weeks. Can anyone help me out?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have a powered USB Hub, remove the power lead and USB lead from it

If you haven't got a USB Hub, switch the periperals off and remove the USB leads

If no change, boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, look for BIOS defaults, load those, press F10 to save, type Y to confirm then press enter to reboot

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check with the screen to see if it shows which key you need to enter set up, and then tap it as soon as you start the PC